Java Software Engineer
Our Edinburgh city centre based client - operating in easily one of the fastest growing, most exciting and most innovative areas of IT right now – is on the lookout for a new addition to their team…
Right now they want to bring a Software Engineer on board who can put their skills across Java and Spring Boot into action while playing a key role; producing customer-focussed, and often critical, software solutions for an extensive and well-earned client base.
This is a great opportunity for someone keen to get stuck in across the full spectrum from initial requirements analysis through to UI/API development, product improvement discussions, and a lot, lot more.
This isn’t likely to be around for long, so if you’re up to the challenge, our client is offering not only a great package for the right individual but a range of other benefits including flexible working arrangements and phenomenal career progression opportunities in one of the hottest IT sectors around…so if you’re liking the sound of this, apply now and get in touch with Liam at Abrecco before it’s gone!
What you’ll be doing:
- Working in a close knit, central Edinburgh based team building Java-based software solutions
- Acting as a key technical resource and taking responsibility for User Interface / API development
- Bringing new ideas to the table to enhance and add to our client’s product line
- Full SDLC involvement from requirements analysis through to solution design, building & support
What you will bring to the table:
- Strong experience as a Java (8+ ideal) Software Engineer / Developer and Spring Boot skills
- Experience working with relational databases (Postgres / MySQL / etc.)
- Previous exposure to Linux environments and ideally some scripting using Python/Shell
- Any knowledge of unit testing, data structures/algorithms and/or containerisation would be a bonus
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Java Software Engineer / Developer to build a career within possibly the most exciting sector in IT right now and be well rewarded for their efforts. Our client is offering a salary of circa £40,000 for the right individual, and offers a benefits package including flexible working arrangements and an ideal work setting in the heart of Edinburgh. So now that you’ve seen what they're looking for, why wait? Apply today!