Junior Support Engineer
Do you have a good academic knowledge of a variety of technologies yet don’t know what you want to specialise in? Have you recently graduated and are you looking for the right environment to start your career? If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then I want to hear from you.
We are looking for a Junior Linux Engineer to provide technical support for our successful, global client based near Edinburgh (remote working currently). The ideal candidate will come from either a Junior Programming background or be a recent graduate who is confident in their technical abilities, has an excellent knowledge of Linux and a good understanding of databases. You will be a team player who can also work autonomously along with excellent communication skills as this role will involve liaising directly with technical teams and customers at all levels. As you learn about the products and hone your skills, you will be actively encouraged to progress your career within the organisation. Sounds great doesn’t it? Apply now!
What the team are doing;
- Working both independently and with other members of the Operations team to resolve client support requests.
- Liaise directly with both customers and in house developers to diagnose operational issues with the company’s software and systems.
- Meet SLA’s for support tickets.
- Handling queries both over phone and email.
What you will bring;
- Degree in a Computer or Science related subject
- Experience with Linux is desirable (Red Hat / RHEL / CentOS / Debian / Ubuntu or similar etc.)
- Implementation, configuration and support of systems/services.
- Installation and configuration of a variety of operating systems (Linux and Unix).
- Knowledge of MySQL / similar databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing organisation that value their staff and actively encourage career progression. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary of up to £18.5k plus excellent benefits and an annual bonus with opportunities to progress your career in different directions. Please apply with your latest CV in Word format for immediate consideration.