R&D Test Engineer
Abrecco’s West Lothian based client, a successful solutions provider with staff considered experts within their sector, is looking for a Test Engineer to join their highly collaborative R&D development function.
You will be an excellent problem solver and someone with proven experience across the full test lifecycle for software and hardware, creating solutions to solve complex engineering problems. Any background knowledge or experience in semiconductor or optical disciplines would be beneficial however problem solving abilities and R&D test experience is key.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating test solutions for our client’s software and hardware suite
- Liaising with the wider cross-functional team
- Working with hardware components, modules
- Developing web or database software solutions to visualise results
- Playing a key role within the test function and contribute to ongoing business/tech improvements
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 2+ years’ experience gained in an R&D environment developing test solutions for software / hardware / systems
- Exposure to the full test lifecycle (analysis, planning, test case design and execution)
- Familiar with Analogue / Digital circuit design and Microcontroller integration
- Ability to translate requirements into tests, and test results into future action
- A relevant degree (Electronics / Electrical Engineering / etc.)
- Knowledge of communications protocols ( TCP/IP, etc. )
- Exposure to PCB design
This is a great opportunity for a passionate and ambitious Software/Hardware Test Engineer to use their full lifecycle experience while working in a great forward thinking and very much cutting edge R&D-style environment and getting stuck into a truly end-to-end role. So apply now with your latest CV and get in touch with Liam at Abrecco for more info!