Senior Software Developer – Edinburgh
After meeting with this client and already been given one Development role, we were even more excited to be told they would like us to work another for them!
As this client has such a focus on developing their staff internally they usually aim to make their own Senior Developers rather than externally hiring them. However, due to an exciting and demanding time within the organisation, a rare opportunity has come up for a Senior Software Developer to join a well established and collaborative environment with industry experts.
This is a client who pride themselves on their focus on personal development and long tenures of staff, Abrecco actually placed the Hiring Manager in there 11 years ago and he’s now reached out to us to bring in more people like him!
So if you’re a Senior/Lead Developer who is interested in a new challenge where you can thrive for years to come like many other people we have placed then this could be the right opportunity for you.
If successful, you’ll enjoy taking your existing C#.NET and SQL Server skills into a small development team working alongside Industry experts and bringing your expert knowledge to that environment.
You’ll not only develop business critical applications, you’ll also be able to liaise with Stakeholders of all levels within the business and have the opportunity to be the voice of the Development team.
The basic skills & attributes you’ll need to get started are:
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude and desire to learn
- Knowledge of SQL Server &/or Oracle, PL-SQL, would be highly advantageous
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Platform (or other cloud technology) will also be useful for future projects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are really important to the client as well
- Previous experience of dealing with stakeholders at all levels
- Any previous experience of requirement gathering or analysis would be highly advantageous
As well as working in a small team with a real family feel, you’ll also enjoy a very generous benefits package including: bonus, non-contributory pension, health insurance etc.