Windows Support Analyst – Edinburgh
Abrecco are recruiting an Infrastructure Operations Support Analyst to join the team on what will be an initial 13 month fixed term basis which is salaried and also includes a generous benefits package.
If you think you can step into a broad ranging opportunity where you can utilise your skills across desktop, server, networking and telephony to support users and the IT Infrastructure from the Edinburgh office of this global company, you need to read on:
They’re looking for someone who’s happy to investigate and take full ownership of issues as and when they arise. As well as operational support, you’ll also be involved in a number of interesting projects.
If you have some of the following skills and experience, it’ll be well worth speaking with me to find out if this is the right move for you.
Client wish list:
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and a hunger to learn
- Experience in Windows Client, Server & Network Support (Windows Servers, Citrix, SCCM etc.)
- Knowledge of MS Active Directory (GP, DNS etc.) and MS Exchange
- Voice and Data networking experience (Cisco IP Telephony, Call Manager, VOIP, SIP etc.)
- Any Cloud experience is highly advantageous (MS Azure, AWS, O365 etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot and own the problem through to resolution
Let’s be honest. This is a pretty extensive wish list and the client really doesn’t expect you to be an expert at everything, but they would like you to have knowledge in as much of this as possible. Everything else can be trained using their generous training budget and enthusiasm for personal development.
Salary will be dependant on experience and if you have read this far then it’s probably worth a chat so apply with your CV or get in touch with Craig at Abrecco to find out more.